Friday, August 6, 2010

A quilted table runner

I have been very inspired by the modern quilts I saw lately that I want to give it a try. Doing a full side quilt is a bit overwhelming so I choose to start with a table runner. Plus I needed a runner for my sideboard anyway.

I started by cutting rectangles from my scrapes. The plan was to have them running down the middle surrounded by a white/gray prints and then a thick deep blue border.

 


It was ok but I wanted it to be really fresh. The blue border seemed to add too much formality to it. So I decided to have some fun and added a strip of squares on one side...

I quilted it with straight lines across the width. For the border, I picked a darker gray with bold prints. And here's the finished product.
I had so much fun making this that it won't be the last!

6 comments:

  1. I love it! The print with the bird is my favorite, I think. I've been really attracted to birds lately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your table runner looks very cute, love the fabrics you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neatly sewn table runner ! Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! You are right, the blue wasn't the right choice- the squares are fun and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Nice, love the fabric and design!

    ReplyDelete