Saturday, April 16, 2011

A new dress for me

I am so inspired by this red dress on harmony and rose that I made one for myself, before I make anything else. And trust me, I have a long list of projects waiting to be started.

It's a Built by Wendy pattern Simplicity 3835. It comes together very quickly and is fairly forgiving. Mine is made with a cream baby cord that I have in my stash. I put my own spin on it with pleated pockets, trimmed with bias tape that I have kicking around. I may shorten the sleeves a bit but overall I am quite happy with the way it turned out.

7 comments:

  1. The addition of the pockets is really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love your pocket version. On the solid dress it is the perfect detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, thanks for the links and I'm so thrilled I inspired you with my dress. Yours is gorgeous, I love the trim on those sweet pockets and it fits you so nicely. It's such a great pattern isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love her patterns they are so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't find the pattern for this dress anywhere. I really think is something I could use for my daughters and myself. Any idea how I could get one? where did you find yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got mine from fabricland. It's a simplicity pattern so anywhere that carries simplicity (3835) should have it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PATTERN IS OUT OF PRINT. NO LONGER AVAILABLE. HOPE YOU FIND IT

    ReplyDelete