Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lost package

Two months ago I went on an online shopping spree for fabric. In two nights I ordered from three different online stores for fabric - Nani Iro from Mountain of the Dragon, Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks from CityCraft, and a mix of quilting fabrics from Fabricworm.

The Nani Iro arrived in 2 weeks (I finally got to see and feel the famous double gauze!). I waited for another two weeks, at which point I emailed CityCraft and Fabricworm. CityCraft was really nice and offered to issue a USPS claim and refund or re-ship if the package doesn't arrive in a week. Luckily the package arrived the day after I sent the email.

Fabricworm responded to my first email, which basically said it may be held up in custom. I waited for another two weeks and still no package. I contacted fabricworm again and they said basically the same thing. My subsequent emails were not answered. At this point I am passed the 45-day deadline for filing a dispute with PayPal.

It's disappointing because I have ordered from fabricworm before and was quite happy with them. And the irony is, out of the 3 orders, the one from fabricworm is the most urgent - the order is for 2 baby quilts - and I really do hope to finish the quilts before the two babies turn one!

I think I will make the quilts from my stash.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man that's awful! Hope you have enough goodness in your stash to do the job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corinnea. I still hope for the package every time I check mail. Who knows, maybe it's one of those package that shows up 50 years later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get your package?
    Bought some fabrics to fabricworm a month before, and still didn't get them... They gave me the exactly same answer, and util now... The money was already subtracted from my credit card, and I don't know how I can reclaim it back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've never had problems ordering from FabricWorm and have had great service from Cynthia and the workers over there. I actually visited the store in person several times whenever I had trips.

    I can't ever imagine that FabricWorm would do anything like not honor an order. If there was a problem, I am certain it had to be an issue with some intermediary like the payment processor or shipping process and not FabricWorm.

    If you send me the info on your order I'd be glad to send a note over to Cynthia and see if I can help sort it out. Also keep in mind last week was Quilt Market so a lot of fabric stores across the US were either closed or running on skeleton crews while everyone went to Kansas City.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog.. Thank you for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete