Friday, June 17, 2011

New hobby

I haven't touch my sewing machine for  months! Between setting up our new nest and doing things with the kids, there's just no time to sit down in front of the sewing machine. So, I decided to pickup something that's more portable, something that I can do 5 minutes at a time, and knitting is just the thing.

I was able to finish my very first project in less than a week, most of it done while the kids are playing in the playground. I am very proud of myself, considering I haven't knitted since junior high, and the only projects I had done before were chunky scarfs. The Swirl Hat from Sheepy Time Knits is a great pattern for beginner, and it's simple, almost self-correcting, and so much fun!

I will still sew, and I have high hope for September when Sarah will be in school full-time and Ben will be in preschool 2 mornings each week. In the meantime, I will be knitting throughout the summer!

1 comment: