Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another snowy day and a completed project

It snowed all night last night again.


The good thing is, it gives me an excuse to stay in the house and do some sewing. I finally get to finish dress 'C' from Stylish Dress Book 2.
 

I actually sewed this a long while ago before all the gardening activities. This is supposed to be a muslin to see how it fit. The fabric is a $2 find from Value Village. It turned out kinda cute so I wanted to add pockets to it.  As the weather got warmer, I started working in the garden and never had a chance to sit down in front of the sewing machine until today.

I made a few modifications: I gathered the front instead of the pintucks as I saw here. I also lengthened the body to get rid of the ruffles at the bottom. And, of course, the pockets.


It's too cute to fit my age and style, but it's a fun project to do. It also give me a chance to practise sewing bias tapes and pockets. I will probably make it again with another fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment