Monday, September 6, 2010

A baby quilt in the making

After the table runner project, I was determined to make quilts. It's completely coincidental that there are a bunch of new babies coming for friends and family. I know the perfect gifts for the little ones! The first one out the gate will be Alice and David's in October. Since they don't know whether it will be a boy or a girl, the quilt needs to be gender neutral. I decided to make the Charm Squares Baby Quilt by Elizabeth Hartman from Oh, Fransson!. It a super fast and easy pattern which is great as a first quilt project.

Here's what I come up with...


Do you think it's too boyish? Hmm... I hope they are getting a boy. I am going to the fabric store this afternoon for border and binding. I kinda like the way it looks with the light gray in the picture so I may pick something similar.

I am very excited. I plan on quilting it with straight lines similar to my runner. I still need to find the courage to try free motion quilting.

1 comment:

  1. It looks cute, a little bit more boy than girl I'd say...
    It took me a lot of courage to try free motion quilting on a quilt, tried pillows first. But these kid sized quilts are the perfect size for first time free motion quilting too.. I'm just saying!

    ReplyDelete