Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Saying goodbye to my previous life

I have been a stay at home mom for 3 years. It felt much much longer than that. I was a software developer in my previous life. Today I gathered the courage to pack the books that have been collecting dust the last 3 years.
Some of them were dated 1994, the year I graduated. Some were utilities books that I referred to almost daily at work. There were purely academic ones, most of them I got when I was working toward a Master degree, which I never complete. There were Java and software design and software process books. It's hard to part with them. Looking at them is like traveling back in time. I remember the projects that I worked on. They also reminded me the personal events and emotional stages during those years. Some of these books traveled with me from Calgary to Toronto and back. Today I am saying goodbye to them. Allen and I are planning to move to another city, and it's time for me to move on. Goodbye books.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your move.

    Hope you continue to be able to hang out at home. I loved being a with my kids!

    ReplyDelete