Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy strawberry and cherry smocket

Here it is... such cheery prints and simple pattern... and fully reversible!

Sarah was watching the little mermaid movie so she wasn't interested in trying on the smock! Nonetheless she said she likes it, with her eyes still glued to the TV.

The PDF is for 2T so I spread the pattern pieces by about 4 inches. It fits Sarah quite nicely. The shoulders are tied in the original pattern. I tried it on Sarah (see the cherry print picture). but wasn't too keen on the ties so I sew buttons on instead. I love the strawberry print so much that I am going to make myself something with it! The best part, it's remnant from Fabricland, buy 1 get 3 free. I got 2 pieces of this print, each is 0.7m.  I don't have much left now, just enough to make some bias tape and bottom ruffles for my perfect summer top!

1 comment:

  1. Cute, very cute and two dresses for the price of one, can't be bad!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete