Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sarah's first embroidery project

I picked up Soule's book The Creative Family from the library a couple days ago. It's filled with great activities to do with the kids - perfect for the just started summer holiday. Here's the first thing we tried: embroidery. This is something new for me as well. We spent yesterday afternoon sitting side by side sewing away. This is what Sarah made. Isn't it lovely?!

Here's what I did...

And she drew the butterfly and the cute ladybugs on it when I wasn't looking...
I think I will embroider the cute drawing. Maybe I can make a quilt out of of Sarah's drawings... so many fun thing to do!

1 comment:

  1. Aah, lovely and certainly one for the family heirloom box. Have you seen the bookmark project in Soule's Handmade Home book? We did that a while back and it's very very sweet.

    Thanks for admiring my latest dress, the book is Girly Style Wardrobe (there's a link on my post).

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete